[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Salemjilla.com Forum • View topic - Aayirathil Oruvan (2010)
It is currently Wed 17 Apr, 2024 12:43 am

Aayirathil Oruvan (2010)

View active topics

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jan, 2010 4:22 pm   
Administrator

Chennai eppavume Salethukku munnadi thaan ponga... :wink: 2 Am.. 3 Am nu screen pannama erundha sari.. :lol:

Profile E-mail WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jan, 2010 5:34 pm   
Administrator

So far Ayirathil oruvan is the only movie with "Booking Full" status on ARRS Multilpex tomorrow. (few tickets are open for night show thou) Other movies screened on Multiplex have lot of seats unreserved. Nothing full. So can we take Ayirathil Oruvan is the most expected movie in Salem for this pongal??? Research on other online theater site will give us conclusion on this, I guess.

Attachments:
Ayirathil-Oruvan-Booking-Salem.jpg
Ayirathil-Oruvan-Booking-Salem.jpg [ 65.12 KiB | Viewed 15464 times ]

Profile E-mail WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jan, 2010 1:58 pm   
Salem Citizen

Saw the movie. (Nallaa Maatti vittuteenga)

First half above average.
Second half kuppai.
No clear screan play no clarity in prounciation though it is ancient Tamil.
Many sensor cut of wordings.
More concentration on sexy than story.

A lot more effort & money wasted.

No relevance of title name and no major role for Karthi instead the 2 heorins are taking major role in the story.

The final 'Gundu' is ...Thodarum... AO part 2 -- Cinema ulagam thangadhu...

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jan, 2010 2:27 pm   
Administrator

I would say Selva had Real Guts to take this kind of story.
The version i saw yesterday in mayajal chennai had lot of cuts from the first day shows. which i referred with praveen and other friends.
All those sexy and lengthy scenes were cut and for me this version looked crispy. This Edited version will be screened in Salem from Tomorrow, one cinema person told me.
Although the END seems to be Spoiled.

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jan, 2010 1:51 pm   
Administrator

Only Selva can do this.. As I wrote in twitter it is a "Mad movie by a mad director"...
Worth to watch if the movie is trimmed.

Profile E-mail WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jan, 2010 6:19 pm   

Praveen,

I am reading some inputs like movie takes back to ancient tamil great Chola kings period. Neenga ippadi review sollitingalae. Anyway I hope I will see the movie in the theater in Salem by Feb 2nd week.

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jan, 2010 8:51 pm   
Administrator

@Arul. I meant only selva has guts to touch this concept. As u read it does not take to 12 century. The story happens in current period. That is the main concept. Watch more on silverscreen :)

Profile E-mail WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jan, 2010 11:10 am   

I saw this movie in Aaaradhana theatre yesterday immediatly after reaching Chennai. The story line of the movie taking to Chola kingdom was already known to me several months back as I did some research know more about the movie after hearing the songs.

The movie was really good, but as everyone elsehave felt, the second half was a bit confusing. But I think thats the best one can do given the storyline.

Also I heard that there were sub-titles put in some theatres for the Chola slang, but nothing was put in Aaradhana. But I could understand what they were talking.

Overall, a very nice movie to watch alone or with friends.

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jan, 2010 12:38 pm   

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jan, 2010 3:04 pm   
Salem Citizen

Dear Vijayan

During second half donno the reason for inlcusion of some of the scenes including some fightings and also songs. There is no interesting progress rather than feeling bore and scene after scene the boredome increses. Wonder that you liked the movie!!??

Dear Arul

Since now you know that the second half is not good, your expectations are lower hence there is a chance for you digest the movie particularly the second part. Anyway you are adement to see the movie. Ayyoo paavam.

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jan, 2010 3:39 pm   
Administrator

I guess Vijayan has watched the trimmed version. Arul, the iilam part of the movie is too vulgar to watch... But still the movie is worth to go for Selvaraghavan's bold attempt..

Profile E-mail WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jan, 2010 4:40 pm   

Dear Kannan,

I knew already that the movie is going to be like that. The second half could have been done a lot better, but Selva seems to have missed out somewhere with no proper and interesting screenplay.
There was no song sequence in the second half in the version that I saw. Thai Thindra Manne only the pallavi was there, and pemmane - only few lines were there.

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jan, 2010 6:27 pm   
Administrator

Everyone please watch the edited version.
that is better than previous version.

Certainly this movie is better than other Masala movies.

@arul: the movie cannot be said as historical movie. its about chola kingdom people living at present day.

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jan, 2010 12:32 am   
Administrator

Read somewhere that the movie has been cut for 20 mins on all theaters now.

Profile E-mail WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jan, 2010 12:24 am   
Administrator

If you are die-hard fan of Selvaraghavan and have some time, watch this clip and post your comments http://tinyurl.com/yb23vyd
From http://twitter.com/praveenc85

Profile E-mail WWW YIM